Monday, October 13, 2008

People Are Rude

It was days like Friday that I was glad I have an inner, confident Bitch. I developed her while living in New York City, where calling up the inner bitch is more of a frequent state of being. Of course, I like to solve problems positively, but sometimes it is necessary to just confront someone with absolute full-on nastiness. An incident happened to me on Friday; yes, it's small beans, but it reveals how some people view the world through a myopic, selfish, stigmatic lens. I was frantically moving the rest of my belongings from my third floor apartment, before the new people moved in. There is an alley about 10 feet from my apartment that I count on if there is no street parking to be found. On Friday, someone was parked at the mouth of the alley. I sat in my car and waited patiently for the person who was sitting in the front seat to move her car forward. The chick looked at me, ignored the fact that I was obviously waiting for her to move her car forward, proceeded to get out of her car, and started to collect her bags. I got out of my car, looking harried and sweaty, and explained that I was moving and could she move up so I could park behind her. The girl looked at me disgustedly and said she was also moving in, as if that ended the discussion. I stared back at her like the selfish, retard she was and thus began a several second bitch stare-down. Finally, I said in my best adult-speaking-to-a-stupid-willfull-child, 'This is an alley. There is room for two cars. Yours and mine. You just need to pull up a few feet and I can park behind you." She replied, "Jesus Christ" all exasperated and angry. Seriously Rude! Why wouldn't you just say, 'Sure, no problem...." Why be territorial about an alley that you are illegally parked in? Why not just do the nice thing, even if it poses a small inconvience to you (if you call pulling your car three feet an inconvience). I think most people in Chicago are pretty nice and courteous, this was just a bad apple.

2 comments:

Venus Fly Trap said...

omg too funny, she must have been one miserable bitch!! good for you..

zizi said...

Good Story! I love stories where you kick ass and take names, almost as much as I hate people who can't recognize needs other than their own. What a sociopath!