Mr. Steve Albini
Shellac / Electrical Audio
2621 West Belmont Avenue
Chicago, Il 60618
Dear Mr. Albini,
I am writing to you to request a partial refund of the $10 admission that I paid to see your band on Tuesday September 16th 2008 in Pontiac, Michigan. I quite enjoyed the venue, the opening band. However, I was unable to enjoy the performance by Shellac because of the offensive remark that you made to a female concertgoer.
During one of your rambling hippy-dippy monologues, an enthusiastic female fan shouted out that you were “blowing her mind.” Instead of ignoring the comment or thanking her for her appreciation, you responded with “I have something you can blow later.” I found this response to be offensive, disgusting, and wholly inappropriate. Considering that your band attracts a disproportionate amount of male fans, I cannot imagine that you were surprised at the round of cheers you received after your vulgar response.
I felt quite unsafe in the environment you created, one in which the minority was silenced and ridiculed by through the calling out of sexuality – a typically private matter. Honestly, I was most disappointed by the incredibly bad example you set for the hundreds of male fans who flocked to see you. Your actions and words reinforced a poor and outdated societal attitude towards women. Why not use your talent and platform for something more positive - like equality and respect - instead of the uncivilized and boorish attitudes you betrayed that evening?
So, I reiterate my request: I would like a partial refund from that evening. I imagine the venue takes a fair amount, the opening musician must be paid, and I quite enjoyed the performance by your bandmates. So, I am asking for is whatever percentage of my $10 admission was your take. I estimate that to be around $1.75.
I would appreciate your prompt attention to this matter.
Thank you,
xxxmynamexxx
xxxmyaddressxxx
Thursday, September 18, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
that is hilarious..i hope you get a response..and your money back.
Post a Comment